a. Choose 10 people from your friends list at random.
b. Write something about/to each of them.
c. Don't tell anyone who the statements are about. Good or bad. No matter how they beg!
1) I remember knowing you from afar and thinking you were so shy and quiet and that was basically it. but that was until I learned that there's more to a person than just what your own eyes can see. I still don't know you very well, but I know certain people who love you and that leads me to believe you must be special. I'm sure there are qualities about you that I never see and probably never will, because I dont think we share that kind of connection that good friends have.. but I hope someday I will, because I can tell I must be missing out.
2) I don't think you realize at all the effect you have on people.. and I mean that in the best way possible. most people aren't happy, and at this age, usually for similar reasons.. but I don't think you realize that. you talk about how amazing other people are and how lucky you are are to have them in your life and you don't see yourself in the same light. I feel like you don't think your feelings toward people are reciprocal, but I see you and them and I can promise you they are. everyone feels unhappy at times and sometimes the best we can do for ourselves is just to relieve that same feeling in the people we are closest to and let them do the same for us, that's what friendship is.. and just knowing about you what I do, I'd say you're a really good friend. and I don't know if you realize how unique a gift that is. you should give yourself more credit for being who you are instead of hesitating because you're afraid of what might come of it.
3) I don't think you know how much people admire you. every time I hear your name mentioned, it's something positive. sometimes I wonder what you are actually thinking, because it's hard for me to fathom a mind with so much good will. everyone you meet likes you and enjoys spending time with you and I have to admit, I fall under that spell myself. even though we're not very close, there's the quality of closeness that I feel when I'm with you, the quality of comfort from years of friendship and I hope that doesn't go away because you're the kind of person that leaves a mark, that inspires people. and you take it all with such modesty, as though there's nothing to live up to. you just are who you are, nothing ever knocks you down, and I can't even describe how much I envy that about you. I just wish you would open up more around people, be more free, because I've known you for a long long time and I know you are much more free-spirited and passionate than you make yourself out to be.
4) I miss you more than I can describe. I remember the day I met you and it's hard to believe I've known you for this many years. there's something about leaving home and meeting knew people that makes a person realize a part of themselves they never knew existed, and being friends with you has allowed me to do that. we don't keep in touch as often as we used to, and a lot of that is my fault because I rarely update my journal anymore, but I know that if I saw you, it wouldn't matter. things would pick up right where we left off, because that's the kind of friendship we have, the kind we've always had, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't think you realize how much I admire you and always have, but you should. and I don't mean in a jealous way, wich is unusual for me since I'm the jealous type. I just don't think you realize how great you are and how much of an impact you have had on my life alone, let alone other people's.
5) I miss you as well. it's funny the way things work out, how you went from the girl who stole my "friend's" boyfriend to the girl I didn't spend a day without, one of my closest friends. I read your journal and I wish you wouldn't be so sad half the time you are, because it's not fair for someone who makes other people so happy to be so unhappy. one day you'll figure it out, this I know. one day you'll find whatever it is you are looking for and be utterly and completely happy, because you deserve it and because I feel like once you leave home you'll be free and will realize that all the things that make you unhappy aren't important. not when you compare them to the things that make you happy. and you are so damned talented that I know you will go so far in whatever it is you choose to do and have so many opportunities to do it. but I don't think you believe it, sometimes I don't think you even give yourself a chance. and i really really wish you would. I also wish you would accept yourself for who you are. you feel like you don't fit in and you don't have what other people have, but that's not it at all. you've just put such a high price on it that you start questioning the things that make you you. don't lose sight of yourself, not in your wishes or hopes or friends, because eventually, you're going to want the qualities that make you stand out. not everyone has those, and I hate that you don't see yourself the way I do and the way I'm sure other people do.
6) you have no idea how talented you are. I only wish I had an ounce of the creativity you exude through everything you do. I admire the way you write and the way you are so good at expressing your emotions, and more importantly how unafraid you are to do it. you probably didn't know any of this, and quite possibly still don't, but I suppose this is my cowardly way of telling you.
aright, i have to do the rest of these later because I'm supposed to be cleaning my room for when family comes tomorrow.